Effective: March 19, 2018
Any undefined Term has the same definition as outlined in our Terms & Conditions.
- If you reside in the European Union, the Data Controller is Campus Tutor OÜ.
One or more Payment Services Providers will be using your data, related to your Payment Method or Pay-out Method and subject to their respective Terms of Service, in order to enable the functionality of the Campus Tutor payment services, according to (a) any applicable national legislation that implements the Data Protection Directive (95/46/EC); (b) from 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679) (“GDPR”) and any applicable national legislation which supplements it; (c) any applicable national legislation that amends, re-enacts, replace or supplements the Data Protection Laws in England that arises from the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union.:
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
There are three general categories of information we collect.
1.1 Information You Give Us
We collect information you share with us when you use the Campus Tutor Platform.
- Account Information.When you sign up for a Campus Tutor Account, we require certain information such as your name, email address, and University.
- Profile Information.To use certain features within the Campus Tutor Platform, we may also ask you to complete a profile, which may include a description, phone number, and course grade. Certain parts of your profile (like your profile picture, first name, grade and description) are a part of your public profile page, and will be publicly visible to others.
- Payment Information.We collect your financial information (like your bank account or credit card information) when you use the Payment Services to process payments.
- Communications with Campus Tutor and other Members.When you communicate with Campus Tutor or use the Campus Tutor Platform to communicate with other Members, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
- Address Book Contact Information.You may choose to import your address book contacts or enter your contacts’ information manually to access certain features of the Campus Tutor Platform, like inviting Members to your scheduled session.
- Other Information.You may otherwise choose to provide us information when you fill in a form, conduct a search, update or add information to your Campus Tutor Account, respond to surveys, post to community forums, participate in promotions, or use other features of the Campus Tutor Platform.
1.2 Information We Automatically Collect from Your Use of the Campus Tutor Platform
When you use the Campus Tutor Platform, we collect information about the services you use and how you use them.
- Usage Information.We collect information about your interactions with the Campus Tutor Platform, such as your searches for Tutors, session you scheduled, and other actions on the Campus Tutor Platform.
- Location Information.When you use certain features of the Campus Tutor Platform, we may collect different types of information about your general location (e.g. IP address, zip code) or more specific location information (e.g. precise location from your mobile GPS). Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services for applications in the device’s settings menu.
- Log Data.We automatically collect log information when you use the Campus Tutor Platform, even if you have not created a Campus Tutor Account or logged in. That information includes, among other things: details about your IP address, access times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information (e.g., crashes).
- Transaction Information.We collect information related to your transactions on the Campus Tutor Platform, including the date and time, amounts charged, and other related transaction details.
1.3 Information We Collect from Third Parties.
We may collect information that others provide about you when they use the Campus Tutor Platform, or obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the Campus Tutor Platform.
- Your References.If someone has written a reference or rated you, it will be published on your Campus Tutor public profile page. To learn more about how this works, see our website, campustutor.net.
- Background Information. For Members from the EU and Switzerland, to the extent permitted by applicable laws, Campus Tutor may obtain background checks. We may use your information, including your full name and date of birth, to obtain such reports.
- Other Sources.To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data or fraud detection information, from third party service providers and/or partners, and combine it with information we have about you. For example, we may receive background check results or fraud warnings from service providers like identity verification services for our fraud prevention efforts. We may receive information about you and your activities on and off the Campus Tutor Platform through partnerships.
- HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use, store, and process information about you to provide, understand, improve, and develop the Campus Tutor Platform, and to create and maintain a trusted and safer environment.
2.1 Provide, Improve, and Develop the Campus Tutor Platform.
- Enable you to access and use the Campus Tutor Platform.
- Enable you to communicate with other Members.
- Operate, protect, improve and optimize the Campus Tutor Platform and experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research.
- Personalize or otherwise customize your experience by, among other things, displaying preferred search matches.
- Enable you to access and use the Payment Services.
- Provide customer service.
- Send you service or support messages, such as updates, security alerts, and account notifications.
- If you provide us with your contacts’ information, we may use and store this information: (i) to facilitate your tutoring session invitations, (ii) for fraud detection and prevention, and (iii) for any purpose you authorize at the time of collection.
2.2 Create and Maintain a Trusted and Safer Environment.
- Detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity.
- Conduct investigations and risk assessments.
- Verify or authenticate information provided by you (such as your email address verification).
- Comply with our legal obligations.
- Resolve any disputes with any of our users and enforce our agreements with third parties.
- Enforce our Terms & Conditions.
2.3 Provide, Personalize, Measure, and Improve our Advertising and Marketing.
- Send you promotional messages, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your information (including information about Campus Tutor or partners).
- Administer possible referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events, sponsored or managed by Campus Tutor or its third party business partners.
- SHARING & DISCLOSURE
3.1 With Your Consent.
We may share your information at your direction or as described at the time of sharing.
3.2 Sharing between Tutors, Students and Co-Students.
To help facilitate session scheduling, we may share your information with other Members as follows:
- When you as a Student submit a scheduling request, certain information about you is shared with the Tutor (and Co-Students, if applicable), including your full name, the full name of any additional Guests, and other information you agree to share.
We don’t share your billing and payout information with other Members.
3.3 Service Providers.
3.4 Safety and Compliance with Law.
Campus Tutor may disclose your information to courts, law enforcement or governmental authorities, or authorized third parties, if and to the extent we are required to do so by law or if such disclosure is reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with legal process and to respond to claims asserted against Campus Tutor, (ii) to respond to verified requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability, (iii) to enforce and administer our Terms & Conditions or other agreements with Members, (iv) for fraud investigation and prevention, risk assessment, customer support, product development and debugging purposes, or (v) to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Campus Tutor, its employees, its Members, or members of the public.
We will attempt to notify Members about these requests unless: (i) providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law, or (ii) we believe that providing notice would be futile, ineffective, create a risk of injury or bodily harm to an individual or group, or create or increase a risk of fraud upon Campus Tutor’s property, its Members and the Platform (collectively, “Risk Scenarios”). In instances where we comply with legal requests without notice for these reasons, we will attempt to notify that Member about the request after the fact if we determine in good faith that we are no longer legally prohibited from doing so and that no Risk Scenarios apply.
3.5 Business Transfers.
3.6 Aggregated Data.
We may also share aggregated information (information about our users that we combine together so that it no longer identifies or references an individual user) and non-personally identifiable information for industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
- OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
4.1 Analyzing your Communications.
We may review, scan, or analyze your communications on the Campus Tutor Platform for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research, and customer support purposes. For example, as part of our fraud prevention efforts, we may scan and analyze messages to mask contact information and references to other websites. In some cases, we may also scan, review, or analyze messages to debug, improve, and expand product offerings. We use automated methods where reasonably possible. However, occasionally we may need to manually review some communications, such as for fraud investigations and customer support, or to assess and improve the functionality of these automated tools. We will not review, scan, or analyze your communications to send third party marketing messages to you, and we will not sell reviews or analyses of these communications.
- THIRD PARTY PARTNERS & INTEGRATIONS
The Campus Tutor Platform may contain links to third party websites or services, such as third party integrations, (“Third Party Partners”). Campus Tutor doesn’t own or control these Third Party Partners and when you interact with them, you may be providing information directly to the Third Party Partner, Campus Tutor, or both. These Third Party Partners will have their own rules about the collection, use, and disclosure of information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of the other websites you visit.
- YOUR CHOICES
6.1 Access and Update.
You may review, update, or delete the information in your Campus Tutor Account by logging into your Campus Tutor Account and reviewing your Account settings and profile.
6.2 Account Cancellation.
For information on how to cancel your Campus Tutor Account, visit www.campustutor.net. Note that information that you have shared with others (like Reviews or forum postings) may continue to be publicly visible on the Campus Tutor Platform in association with your first name, even after your Campus Tutor Account is cancelled.
6.3 EU Residents: Review and Update Your Information.
If you reside in the EU, you may request in writing copies of your personal information held by us. We will provide you with a copy of the personal information held by us as soon as practicable, and in any event not more than 40 days after receiving a valid request in writing. There may be a charge to access your personal data (which will not exceed €6.5). We may request proof of identification to verify your access request.
If your personal information that we hold is inaccurate, let us know and we will update the relevant information. You may also request the erasure of your personal information in accordance with the relevant data protection legislation. We will notify you within 40 days of your valid request about the relevant action taken.
Requests in this section should be addressed to: Campus Tutor OÜ, Männimäe, Pudisoo küla, Kuusalu vald, Harju maakond, 74626, Estonia.
6.4 EU Residents: Access and Challenge Information Provided to Us By Third Parties.
You are entitled to see and challenge information third parties provide to us as part of our fraud detection, prevention and risk assessment efforts if all of the following factors apply: (i) we use third parties to carry out automated checks or risk assessments, (ii) we make a decision which has legal consequences for you or which significantly affects you, and (iii) such decision is based solely on such automated checks or risk assessments.
Requests should be addressed to: Campus Tutor OÜ, Männimäe, Pudisoo küla, Kuusalu vald, Harju maakond, 74626, Estonia. We may request proof of identification to verify your request.
We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration. However, the Internet is not a 100% secure environment so we can’t guarantee the security of the transmission or storage of your information.
To review the Terms & Conditions, please visit http://campustutor.net/terms-conditions/.
Campus Tutor OÜ (registry code 14448460), Männimäe, Pudisoo küla, Kuusalu vald, Harju maakond, 74626, Estonia.
You may also email us under email@example.com.